When merging into an uberwer don't overwrite certain files

When merging into an uberwer don't overwrite certain files

Mark Mearing-Smith
Hi,

I am already successfully merging wars into one release war (one Tapestry, one GWT and one AngularJS). I understand how to merge the web.xml file, and all the options for that available in merge.xml.

My problem is that I can't figure out how to choose one file (logback.xml) from the Tapestry war rather than the GWT one without changing the order of the wars. I.e. I want to set the overwrite strategy for src/main/resources/logback.xml to Preserve.

I have tried doing the same as web.xml but changing the name to lobback.xml and to the path but to no avail.

Also using a MergeProcesser doesn't seem right because I don't want to merge the files.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks,

Mark

Re: When merging into an uberwer don't overwrite certain files

S. Ali Tokmen
Hi Mark

So, if I understand correctly you want to choose which file to take when both WARs have the same files present.

This is indeed a missing feature, and for now the only way to achieve is by changing order.

If you want, you can raise an improvement request va our JIRA.

Thank you

S. Ali Tokmen
http://ali.tokmen.com/
http://contact.ali.tokmen.com/