Setting the jBoss 7.1 deployment time out

Bas

Setting the jBoss 7.1 deployment time out

Bas
I need to set the deployment-timeout property for the deployment-scanner subsystem in the standalone.xml jboss configuration file to tell jBoss to give my war more time to deploy.  (this is not the same as the ping time out to tell cargo to wait).

I tried using the configfiles mechanism to copy my standalone.xml file.  It does copy it over, but it does not replace the ports in that file with the runtime ports I specify (like the jboss remoting, management, servlet ports etc.).

Is it possible to achieve this using cargo?

TIA,
Bas

Re: Setting the jBoss 7.1 deployment time out

S. Ali Tokmen
Hi Bas

This is unfortunately not possible today. I guess with the upcoming version of CARGO we will have to implement this by either:
  • Option 1: Just like before, add a new property for JBoss 7.x so that this can be configured
  • Option 2: CARGO actually has an XML replacement module -you just specify the XML file name, the XPath statement for the node, if required the attribute name and obviously the value. That API is currently is currently protected, but it is very probably worthwhile opening it

Which option would you prefer? Do you prefer having a dedicated property or the possibility to change "whatever you like" using XPath-based configurations?

Cheers

S. Ali Tokmen
http://ali.tokmen.com/

My IM, GSM, PGP and other contact details
are on http://contact.ali.tokmen.com

Bas

Re: Setting the jBoss 7.1 deployment time out

Bas
Option 2 is by far preferable.  It means a lot more flexibility for me and less requirements on the cargo team (for example, right now I can't change one of the jboss management addresses using cargo and am getting 'address already in use' errors when running multiple instances).

Thanks,

Bas

Re: Setting the jBoss 7.1 deployment time out

S. Ali Tokmen
Hi Bas

Sounds good, I've just created
https://jira.codehaus.org/browse/CARGO-1219 for this

On 8/20/13 15:51 , Bas wrote:

> Option 2 is by far preferable.  It means a lot more flexibility for me and
> less requirements on the cargo team (for example, right now I can't change
> one of the jboss management addresses using cargo and am getting 'address
> already in use' errors when running multiple instances).
>
> Thanks,
>
> Bas

Re: Setting the jBoss 7.1 deployment time out

S. Ali Tokmen
Hi Bas

CARGO-1219 is now committed revision 3713.

Also updated http://cargo.codehaus.org/XML+replacements and
http://cargo.codehaus.org/Maven2+Plugin+Reference+Guide

To try it out, see:
http://cargo.codehaus.org/Maven2+Plugin+Installation#Maven2PluginInstallation-snapshots

Bas

Re: Setting the jBoss 7.1 deployment time out

Bas
Great, thanks