Fwd: Cargo Ant pingURL option not working?

Fwd: Cargo Ant pingURL option not working?

Tom Liao
Hello,

I'm attempting to add pingURL functionality to the gradle-cargo-plugin. The plugin uses cargo ant under the covers.

I added pingURL to the ant deployable properties, but don't see any difference when I try to run the start action.

Looking at the cargo ant source code, I see in CargoTask that the start action simply calls localContainer.start(). I looked at AbstractLocalContainer in the core-api-container source code and see that eventually waitForCompletion(true) is called, but this constructs a URLDeployableMonitor with ContainerUtil.getCPCURL rather than with the pingURL.

Do you know if this is a bug or how I can get this working?

Cheers!
Tom

Re: Fwd: Cargo Ant pingURL option not working?

S. Ali Tokmen
Hi Tom

Well spotted! Indeed, it seems the start / run / stop commands for Cargo's ANT tasks do not take into account the pingURLs - only the deploy / reseploy / undeploy commands do. What's interesting is that for the Maven2/Maven3 MOJOs this was in place.

So, this is now implemented as part of https://jira.codehaus.org/browse/CARGO-1293 and if you want to try the latest SNAPSHOT JAR yourself feel free to apply the instructions on http://cargo.codehaus.org/Downloads#Downloads-continousBuilds

Thank you

S. Ali Tokmen
http://ali.tokmen.com/

My IM, GSM, PGP and other contact details
are on http://contact.ali.tokmen.com