Quantcast

Cannot specify external folder in jboss classpath

Cannot specify external folder in jboss classpath

Guillaume Jeudy

Hi guys,

I’m using a maven2 cargo plugin to deploy to a local jboss 4.2 installation and I cannot seem to modify the classpath to add an external folder.

In the manual startup of our application we set: export JBOSS_CLASSPATH=/external/folder/path/

Then invoke run.sh

With cargo and maven2 plugin it seems like the only way to add something to the container class path is with jar dependencies. Can this be extended to provide arbitrary classpath entries ?

Thank you,

Regards,

Guillaume Jeudy – JAVA DEVELOPER

Java and Open Source Application Development – Montreal Solutions Centre

1801, McGill College Avenue, Suite 1100

Montreal, QC, H3A 2N4

[hidden email]

W: +1-514-840-6329              F: +1-514-840-6241

TEKsystems logo

Ce courrier électronique (incluant les pièces jointes) peut contenir des renseignements privilégiés, confidentiels, et/ou autrement protégés contre leur divulgation à une autre personne que son, ou ses destinataires visés. Toute diffusion ou utilisation de ce courrier électronique ou de son contenu (incluant les pièces jointes) par des personnes autres que le ou les destinataires visés est strictement interdite. Si vous avez reçu ce message par erreur, veuillez nous en informer immédiatement en répondant à ce courrier électronique afin que nous puissions corriger nos dossiers internes. S’il vous plaît, veuillez ensuite détruire le message original (incluant les pièces jointes) dans sa totalité. Merci.

This electronic mail (including any attachments) may contain information that is privileged, confidential, and/or otherwise protected from disclosure to anyone other than its intended recipient(s). Any dissemination or use of this electronic mail or its contents (including any attachments) by persons other than the intended recipient(s) is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately by reply e-mail so that we may correct our internal records. Please then delete the original message (including any attachments) in its entirety. Thank you.

Re: Cannot specify external folder in jboss classpath

S. Ali Tokmen
Hello

Currently, the procedure for adding an element to the classpath in the cargo-maven2-plugin is to use Maven2 dependencies. This is by design.

You can of course request an enhancement, and even propose a patch. It will be happily reviewed and integrated by our team.

Thank you

S. Ali Tokmen
http://ali.tokmen.com/

GSM (ch): +41 79 207 29 22 [Swisscom]